From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 08:42:05 -0500
>As I said in the previous post, a well written and composed message to
>the Editor goes a long way to helping clear these misconceptions and
>inadvertant, misleading pictures.  They probably are not ferret owners, so
>how would they know those things that we have learned in the school of hard
>knocks and experience?

I agree, it does no good if the writer is perceived as a kook and the
message therefore unworthy of attention.  In defense though, it does seem
that Ferret's USA, much like Marshalls, could be perhaps accused of being
more opportunistic than altruistic.

The point to me, is not so much that they may be new at the ferret
business, but more one of how much they care about their subject.  Are they
willing to learn about, contribute to the discussion and support the ferret
cause, or are they in it (only) for the money, as a business, with no joy.

Bill Williamson
Framingham, Mass