From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 15:23:09 -0400
Hey, my battle cry is :
Running over the steppes, swinging an oversized scalpel, cometh
Sargentcolburn!  And she gives a mighty bellow:
"I'm going to hack into your brain, and type rm -rf...

Can someone more savvy tell me, please, what it means?  I understand
about running across the steppes (I am the descendent of ice-age big
mammal hunters, no doubt about that,) with a huge chop-master of a
surgical tool (I work for a doctor, I get that too), but what is
typing rm-rf?

I'm a little worried about the ladies:
Hark!  Who is that, skulking out of the fields!  It is Switch And Lily,
hands clutching buzzsaw hand extensions!  She screams gutterally: "I'm
going to bake your brains with the heat of my fury!"

Alexandra in MA, putting down extra rasins

[Moderator's note: rm -rf is geeky unix language which erases all your
files without prompting for confirmation.  I guess these ancient battle
cries were left here by a civilization using unix-type 'puters.  BIG]