From:
"Peter C. Skye" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:44:33 -0400
Hi all.

Over the same weekend I (a) introduced a 4-month old Persian cat [female]
to my 3-month old albino ferret [female] and (b) gave the ferret [Puddin,
by name] her second distemper shot.  Puddin and Chloe [the Persian] seems
to get along famously right from the get go, with each taking turns chasing
the other around the room.  Then I noticed that it was more Chloe chasing
Puddin, ending up with Chloe getting Puddin in something like the Vulcan
death grip: paw over back, teeth in neck (not biting as far as I could
tell).  Anyway, next morning Puddin is shivering feverishly, curled up in
a fetal position with her forepaws bent back like someone in a coma, and
unable to walk without falling over.  The NYC vets I consulted suggested
a battery of incredibly expensive tests which I knew from past experience
would only lead to more tests.  I went for the x-ray which was inconclusive
and allowed Puddin to be given antibiotics, but I was of a mind to put her
down if things continued in this vein.  Mirabile dictu, she began to regain
her balance, her shivering stopped, and her paws uncurled.

Anyone have a thought as to what brought this all on?

[A later P.S.]
How rude of me not to sign my letter about cats and vaccines and
coincidences.  I'm Peter Skye and live in New York City.
My e-address for thems what wants is [log in to unmask]