From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:46:17 -0400
Running a shelter is rewarding, exhausting, heartwarming, tedious, joyful
and frustrating.  I couldn't imagine doing it alone.  I want to extend some
special thanks to some special people who have recently accentuated the
rewarding, heartwarming and joyful side of sheltering for me.

First and foremost, special thanks to Laurie Long, who is my partner.  She
has learned more about ferrets in one short year than many people ever
know.  Her common sense and level-headedness in the face of insanity amaze
me.  As I said, I couldn't imagine doing it without her.

Special thanks to Missy, Jamie, Jackie and the Pietinkiville gang for their
continued generous sponsorship of Bandit.  Bandit is 5+ year old chocolate
who came into the shelter with cataracts over a year ago.  He could see a
bit at the time, but has since become completely blind.  But that doesn't
stop him from chasing the cats or claiming the dog's toys his.

Special thanks to Julie and Phil, for their generous sponsorship of TC, a
sweet, stubby-tailed chocolate girl who just celebrated her 8th birthday.
TC has been at the shelter since early this year.  She's a gentle old lady
except when other ferrets try to come near.  Then watch out!

Special thanks to Julie and Hideki for the lovely hammocks sent from
halfway around the world.  Shelter ferrets will sleep in style, warmth and
comfort this winter thanks to them.

Special thanks to Vickey, who is sending handmade ferret magnets for us to
sell as fundraisers.

Special thanks to the Save Our Shelters organizers, who work tirelessly for
all the shelters.

Special thanks to all those who send a dollar or two to the shelters on
that list.  The time and caring that it takes to do that means a great deal
to us.

And special thanks to all those who take the time out from their busy lives
to help a ferret, or help someone else to help a ferret, whether directly
or indirectly.  When many people take small actions, it can add up to a
great movement.

And of course, special thanks to BIG, for being the unelected mayor for our
diverse yet cohesive online community.

Linda Iroff
The Raisin Retreat
Oberlin, Ohio