From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:32:53 -0500
Katharine asked:
>I have four ferrets whose shots are spread over 3 different months.
>I would like to work out something where I can take all of them together

Take some of them in early; don't let any of them go longer than a year.  As
long as it's been a month since the last shots, it's fine to have another
set.  So this coming February, you could just take everyone in at once.

Kim Latas asked:
>1. What exactly is 'Duck soup' and 'Woozle Goo?' [...] Do I use it
>every time my ferret refuses to eat or save it for "real" emergency
>situations??

Food mixtures you make yourself.  There's one recipe for a "Duck Soup" in
the FAQ (see my signature), and a number of variations listed at

http://www.us.itd.umich.edu/~squirty/hp/pets/recipes.html

It's a good idea to introduce your ferret to it while she's healthy, so
she'll accept it more readily when the need arises.  In general, you only
need to use it when your ferret needs to put on a bit of weight or isn't
eating enough to get the nutrition she needs, but a little bit as a treat is
fine.

>2. Is there any sort of internet site with Photos and ID of the various
>breeds of Ferret that I can view?

There aren't really different breeds of ferrets (except perhaps angoras),
but there are different colors and patterns.

LIFE Show Standards (colors), with pictures
    http://www.acmeferret.com/life/shows/

AFA Show System Color/Pattern Chart, also with pictures
    http://www.ferret.org/afacolors.htm

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>