From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:50:54 -0700
Once in a while there have been posts about controling ants in the ferret
food and cages.  Now it was my turn to get them.  What I used was, I
think, safe, and they were all gone by the next morning.  First, I swept
up all the crumbs and ants.  Then I sprinkled Amdro, a fire ant bait,
OUTSIDE the door where they were coming in.  This stuff looks like
sawdust and has no odor to us but the ants preferred that over the
indoor food and went for it.  They take the bait back to the nest.  Then
I sprayed the perimeter with natural insect control by Green Light,
Biorganic insect spray.  I bought it at Lowe's.  The plant oils disrupt
the neurotransmitters of insects without harming mammals.  I have not
seen another ant inside but there are plenty outside where they are
welcome to aerate the desert soils.

Carol O.,
Tucson