From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:29:34 -0700
Have you ever seen a ferret climb a 2 1/2 foot brick wall?

Well, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.  Just this last
weekend, Spice, (our first ferret and the one that can get just about
anywhere) was outside on our back patio with my boyfriend and I.  We
blocked off the walk way out and kept a close eye on her.  Well, I guess
she wanted out on the grass and just wouldn't let us tell her otherwise.
She started to jump at the brick wall.  (It goes all the way around the
patio, with an entrance to the back yard at the end of it.  It is about 2
1/2 feet tall.) I started laughing because it was cute, and man could she
get some air.  She was getting about 1/2 way up.  We watched her, and not
a minute passed, she jumped and then climbed up the wall to the top of
the wall.

Now, I have seen her wedge herself in-between things to climb up (like the
heater in the hallway that is now blocked off from her) - but this time
there was nothing else there but her and the wall (and yes, her nails are
clipped!).  Well, once she got up there I just couldn't put her back down.
She EARNED it!  After a little while of playing in the yard we put her
back on the porch...and guess what?  She did it again!  Guess no way to
ferret proof a block wall from Spice!

Joanne
Spice, Pepper, Flower and Bugs