From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 15:54:23 +1200
In case you hadn't heard...

The eco-fascists (aka Forest and Bird Society) are once again flexing their
collective muscle and demanding the immediate ban of pet ferrets (citing
77% support from the responses to the DOC "discussion" document).

To see (some) of the media reports, go to the INL site (www.stuff.co.nz)
and do a search for "ferret".  I got 7 hits, but only 2 unique stories.

According to the reports, the Conservation Minister is to make a decision
within a month.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do right now at a personal level.  I
will be immediately writing to the newspapers, to the Conservation Minister
and to Forest and Bird.

One thing I am sure of; I will not be rolling over and giving the State my
ferrets.

-David

David Holender
The Open Polytechnic Of New Zealand
+64 (04) 560 5760

Foundation member of Ferret PAWS (NZ) Inc.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Village/9074/