From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 21:19:29 -0500
Judith White and I have been plotting again about what we could next use as
a fundraiser for the S.O.S.  (Save Our Shelters) fund.  After much
deliberation, we think we have a great idea, and we need your input on it,
please!

Here's the idea: ferret coloring books!

These wouldn't just be any coloring books, either!  Judith and I have been
working with a very talented artist from the FML (Linda Gaylord of The
Stationery Ferret) on this idea.  We would like to incorporate a few fun
games in the book along with the drawings; "Help the Ferret Find the Raisin"
and "Help the Ferret Find the Litterbox" (we play that one a LOT at my
house!) came to mind.  The entire coloring book would probably be about 8
1/2" by 11" in size, on standard newsprint type paper, with a somewhat
sturdier, B&W cover.

We need your input for this, though!  We'd love to hear of your ideas for
games and pictures, format, etc.  Please let us know what YOU would like to
see in this coloring book!

All proceeds from the book will go, of course, to helping homeless fuzzies
in the shelters.  If you would like samples of Linda's work to inspire your
thoughts, Linda would be happy to email them to you.  Her email address is:
[log in to unmask]  Linda has drawn and sells a full line of ferret greeting
cards and holiday cards, and I'm sure you will be as impressed by her
depictions of these animals as Judith and I are.

Linda will also have a Web site up within the next week or so, and I'll post
the URL once I get it.  In the meantime, please send in your ideas for the
coloring book; we'd love to hear from you!  Thanks!

- Ela
    (000)___(000)                                         |