From:
Holly Park Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1993 15:18:41 -0500
    One night I was awakened by tiny sounds coming from Shasta's
playpen. When I turned on the light I was astonished to see the
world's tiniest mouse, standing on tiptoes, sampling her kitten
chow--while she slept curled up only inches away!
    Apparently the small, chocolate-colored intruder (smaller
than my thumb!) had climbed up through the handle-hole in the
playpen bottom (which got taped shut next day!)
    I never saw the wee mouse again, nor signs of it--but during
the time period between Shasta and Emmett, big mice returned and
were chomping through Johanna's wall. I put Emmett-poops in
various places and we haven't seen any signs of rodents since!
 Kate Pappas and The Em     [log in to unmask]