From:
alicia ferretlady drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:00:37 -0800
Hi All-

While I have just a second I thought I wouldjump in ad update you all on
the success HIGH SUCCESS we are seeing with melatonin implants at Ferret
Wise SHelter.  We administered the implants on every single resident
which was adrenal and had complications which would make surgery High
Risk.  As well we administered melatonin implants on all Bi lateral
adrenal ferrets- those were ferrets who had one adrenal gland excised
BUT WERE showing signs of recurring adrenal condition.

We completed the first 3 month pilot on over 30 ferrets within our
shelter hospice enrollment.  I am happy to report that ONLY 1 ferret
has not made a remarkable improvement... however that 1 elder ferret is
not coatless but has her undercoat-- so for her this may be wonderful!

http://www.usaexpress.net/~xtasyferrets/page36.html

Not one of the ferret who received the first implant have had any adverse
reactions to the implant-- and none have had ANY complications.  We are
readying to start our second round and must report that ferrets by the
six week mark all have plush- lush coats like we have not seen in ferrets
over the age of two!!

The rule goes that beauty is only skin deep- but as all the techs & vets
now you must be healthy on the inside to look healthy on the outside.
We have no more sparse hair, britte coats etc.  The melatonin implants
(when you have not the time allottment in the day to administer the
daily oral dose) has made a great improvement to our elder ferrets.  If
there are ferret owners out there who have not explored the possibility
of deterring advanced adrenal sympttoms for your ferret with melatonin
implants I would lie to urge you to consider it.

More information on this treatment can be found at:
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/melatonin.htm

Consider joining the Ferret Wise - "Hairclub for Ferrets"!

A donation of $25 provide a melatonin ( ferretonin) implant which will
keep a shelter resident healthy & happy for 3-4 months !
http://www.usaexpress.net/~xtasyferrets/page36.html

Alicia D
www.ferretwise.org