From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:51:00 -0800
Hi, Megan!  I called Performance Foods last year after someone asked a
similar question about how long the food stayed fresh.  I spoke with
either Mary Reilly or Trish Willard (can't remember which), and she told
me that their food will stay fresh for about a year if kept in a dry, cool
container.  She said that the metal popcorn tin I was using was just fine,
as would be Tupperware containers, etc.  Mary/Trish also noted that the
food should NOT be stored directly on a concrete floor (with nothing in
between the food and the floor) I think this had something to do with the
concrete floor transmitting moisture to the food, causing it to maybe spoil
faster?

She also noted that they have kept food around longer than one year, had it
laboratory tested, and it was *still* good ..  but the "official" period
for which it can be kept and will remain fresh is one year.  Hope this
helps!

- Ela