From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 08:56:08 -0500
[Moderator's note: This note was not posted directly by Dayna but was
forwarded to the FML by a reliable third party.  BIG]

Hi Everybody

I am delighted to let you know we have at long last arrived at our new home!
We left California with four chronic care fuzzys.. two more joined us along
the way..  I was gifted with my very first "freedom fuzzy by a breeder of
fine and wonderful ferrets [he is 14 weeks old and over 4 lbs.  Of pure
ferret kit goofyness..  he is gonna be Huge!!  YIPPEE!!] and of course while
in our temporary home as a guest of the Ways in Tennesee we rescued two
additional fuzzbuts..  so now we are nine..  Mittsy has nearly a total
failure of his auto-immune system..  Cin-Cin was a very abused kit..  the
two adrenal girls were advanced and in dreadful condition..  Shadow was
undersized and is gaining well, Michael was also a bit underweight for his
bone structure and has gained very well, Opus [he is the whole orchestra all
by himself!] is my very own fuzzy family first member and healthy and crazy
as he should be [first thing he did was pry the panneling loose and dig out
a pile of insulation to play with..  never mind all those toys everywhere] ,
Pandy is a totally deaf panda ferret, and tiny little Tigger is so thin and
has such thin fur she sleeps with her Lava Bed every night for extra warmth.
[that Lava Bed is an incredible fuzzy warmer, Thank You to Margaret Ann and
Scott Lehman of Exclusively Ferrets for that small miracle of clever
design !!]

Our new home is in Virginia about 15 miles outside Lynchburg.  The dining
area is the new infirmary..  the bedrooms are 2, one and a half for the
fuzzys and 1/2 for me..

Our new address is :

MMOMM [Marvelous Menagerie Of Mirthful Mayhem] Ferret Rescue and Shelter
Woodland Mobile Home Park,  # 38
U.S. Route 29
Amherst, Virginia  24521-9516

We do not have the phone in yet..  soon I very much hope!  So e-mail for me
will be brought out to me for replies by a friend as often as possible.  Our
new address for e-mail is mailto:[log in to unmask]

I am working on a special shelter web page that will feature some of the
things I make to sell to support my little shelter..  but snce I am totally
ignorant of the how too's of web page design it may take a while..  there
will be lots of pictures of the shelter kids..  and fuzzy stories of
course..  I hope many of you will stop by while out on the web and say Hi!

It's beautiful here and the fuzzys and I couldn't be happier..  It took
severe illness from pollutants in California to finally dynamite me out of
there..  I still can't get used to the idea I don't have to whisper "ferret"
behind my hand anymore and never again will I have to hide my beloved little
ones.

There are not enough words to thank Harold and Diana Way for having me and
my little band in their home while I began to get well again and looked for
and located a home to purchase.  Thanks to the genius and generosity of Gary
Holowicki I am on the mend..  His herbs and Timmys Tonic brought us all
through the move and recovery far better than I would have dreamed possible.
Our thanks to Margie who was thoughtful beyond words and thought of
everything and provided everything from a calling card for emergencies to
Totally Ferret for the kids when we arrived in Tennessee..  To Linda a very
special thank you and to Bob who was always there in so many ways..  So many
of you sent your love and encouragement and whenever things got overwhelming
I only had to read all those messages to gather strength and heart to
continue..  You will all be part of our 'God Bless' every night.

I am very grateful to Joe Palko of The Ferret Store [on line] for making
every cent of shelter money stretch and stretch and stretch.  His generosity
toward shelters is really something grand!!

So there you have it.. the MMOMM update..  Happy Ferreting!!!!

Dayna and the woozles