From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:27:33 -0500
The flexible, clear barrier with the safety padding on top is called the
Weezil Watcher, and though I don't have the source handy it is made and sold
by one of the shelters to help support that shelter.  We have two and LOVE
them!  Jumpstart can get over them sometimes, but, heck, he can jump about 3
and 1/2 feet from a sitting position, and better if he tries harder.  Warp
can inch-worm using the door jam against her back with them if the door is
wide, but when we put them between wall-mounted blocks in the middle of our
hallway, or in narrow doors so they are bowed a lot and the floor surface
they are over is soft carpet they work like a charm even for those two.
Also, using one in our master bathroom door when that room was our hospital
during the ECE bout, seemed to afford the sighted ferrets greater comfort
than the opaque barriers do, and we could monitor them better for their
health even when across the room.