From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 13:03:52 -0400
If he clears up completely today or tomorrow it could be due to the
horrid amounts of cigarette smoke which can come into our condo when
the most recent neighbor downstairs (who now smokes outside sometimes
if the weather allows, lowering the burden) stops smoking outside due
to heat or cold. The smoke levels that travel along pipes and sometimes
vetnts gets dramatically worse when her smoking daughter or her smoking
ex-husband, or both visit -- and I think both visited yesterday night
and overnight because I got nailed badly myself starting a few hours
after coming home.

It's known that ferrets have an assortment of problems with tobacco
smoke (which is why they are used a research model animal for the harm
that tobacco smoke causes). Whether asthma is among those things I
don't know and my eyes are not up to checking abstracts today but it's
certainly something I could suspect is possible.

He has had allergy problems this time of year before in our location
before now, though.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: