From:
Gerald Eiden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:19:27 -0500
Just wondered what the consensus of the group is toward the best food,
for all around diet for my ferret family.  They free roam the house
during the day and have access to the food in their cages as well as a
food dispenser in the kitchen for our four cats, with a mix of Purina One
cat food and IAM's Kitten food.  Their food in the cages is mixed 1/3
Wal-Mart 8 in 1 ferret chicken blend, 1/3 Marshall's ferret food, and
1/3 IAM'S kitten or adult cat food.  In twenty four hours, the twelve
ferrets will leave between 1-2 oz's of food total in the two 8 oz bowls
in their two cages..

Want to get away from the Marshall's and the IAM's and get them on a
better diet.  Was thinking of a mix of Pretty Pets Natural Gold and
either Totally Ferret or Sheppard & Greene ferret food.  Just wondered
what some of you thought on a good choice of ferret food.

The ferrets range in age from nine months to seven years.  One female,
five yrs old, gets melatonin implants, and two of the boys four and five
are starting to show signs of insulinoma.

Vet visit scheduled Wednesday when the monthly check shows up.  The other
nine are healthy, and all twelve are active.  Sometimes too active as far
as the cats are concerned.  It is nothing to see a ferret or two, chase
and catch a cat by jumping on its back and take it down.  Not too many
dull moments when everyone is awake and playing.

Thanks for any insight you may provide me.

Gerald Eiden
Polo, Illinois
 & twelve hoodlums