From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 10:12:58 -0500
Debbie:

Their rooom is ferret-proofed (to date ;-) ) and we do leave them in their
room, with the room door shut, while we're not home.  Their cage is in their
room, and is always left open (they use it mainly for sleeping).  The way
our apartment is set up, their chances of getting outside are slim to none,
but "never say never".  I'm just not comfortable with the collars we've
tried.  Their necks are oddly shaped compared to a dog or cat.  With these
animals, its obvious where the collar should sit.  WIth ferrets, well, their
necks extend from their noses to their rib cage!  It just worries me all the
time that the collar is either too loose or too tight.  Both have their
hazards.  Thanks for the input.  I appreciate it.

Trinlay:
Elric's collar now, the leather one....you mentioned trimming off the
excess.  Does this cause the collar to fall apart in any way.  I thought
about getting the nylon ones before, but since then, I received many posts
about them shrinking.  I know with the nylon, if you trim it, it will frey
(sp?) along the edges and fall apart.  I just wondered what happens with the
leather ones.

Dick B:
Thanks for the thought of a harness.  Maybe we'll invest in harnesses
for outings only, rather than wearing them inside.

Angela:
Thanks for the id label suggestion....but you forgot to mention what
kind of collar you use!

Dawnie:
You mentioned the nylon cat collars....do you have problems with it
freying (sp?) once you cut it to fit the ferret?

Mish