From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:22:04 -0400
No, please, tell me I didn't really see this yesterday!  An admonition to
the whole FML to be better behaved, an admonition to BIG to keep us that
way, containing not one, but two pointed personal insults.  In fact
*ending* with a pointed personal insult?

This is like matter and anti-matter on Star Trek, you can't have both in
the same place at the same time.  Think "Boom", big explosion, terrible
destruction.  Here we are seeing anti-manners, the perfect opposite of
civility and common sense.  Fortunately, there are no manners in sight
to mix badly with the volitale anti-manners.

************************************

>We now have "Debates", dominating the screen...for weeks on end, and on
>the same topic, no less!  Maybe a "moratorium" on a long-discussed topic,
>or BIG reminding people at the beginning of each issue to try to 'cool
>down' this 'debate' or that 'discussion', could help?  Mz.  Amy, take a
>break....that`s a lot to absorb, as I`m long-winded & "high-strung"....
>catch up?...ok,........THERE HAVE BEEN SOME REAL "STRONG" ATTACKS AT
>PEOPLE LATELY,...RANDOM, & OTHERWISE.  I believe that some of them
>should never have been printed.....one person`s opinion.  The FML,
>being the possibly the longest running and best forum, has drawn new
>members,.....possibly some need an Instruction Manual!.......
>
>Dooks!
>John Rich & the n.j. gang, USA.
>"AMY, MR.  RICH SAYS YOU CAN WAKE UP NOW........."

I have an idea.  Why don't we try having a day....ONE DAY....in which
we make a commitment not to post ANYTHING that is unkind, incivil,
whining, *bitching, carping, fault-finding, accusatory, defamatory,
confrontational, controversial or just downright mean-spirited.  Can
we do that?  I nominate this monday.  A new week, start the FML over
again.  Just one day.

I'm not saying we should only post upbeat things, because sometimes
there are ferrets having a hard time, and that pain needs to be
addressed.  Practical questions?  Those are always interesting.
Veterenary information?  Also a source of interest.  Your funny stories,
or even your sad ones would be greatly welcomed.  But anything that is
(here's that list again!) unkind, incivil, whining, *bitching, carping,
fault-finding, accusatory, defamatory, confrontational, controversial or
just downright mean-spirited gets left out.  I don't mean BIG censores
the e-mail, I mean *we* do before we click 'send.'

For one day!  This monday!
We can do this.

Alexandra in Ma