From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:19:02 -0700
Good morning all,

First I want to introduce my 2 newest additions...Misha and Zoey.
I received a call from my daughters friend that her father wanted to give
up 2 ferrets offeredtotakethem to the shelter for them..he sent everything
along with these two except the cage..you know, just in case he wants to
get more (GRRRRRRRRR)

I fell in love with them.  I have done this several times before, take
rescues in that is and have not had a problem, but these 2 I could not pass
up.  I was not quite ready so soon after Olivers passing, but I am leaving
VERY soon..so I had to!! (good justification huh?!)  Misha is a very pretty
BLACk as pitch sable female, with big black marble sized eyes and Zoey is a
spitting image of my chandler, but plump, she is a beautiful panda..and she
is deaf..that brings my total to 3 deaf ferrets 3 hearing ferrets.  They
both have the sweetest temperaments and the SOFTEST coats.  I feed my guys
what I think is some of the best foods, vitamins and supplements and their
coats pale in comparison to these 2 who have been eating only 8 in 1..go
figure!

I was at the ferret shelter here in Washington, again saying my good byes
to Liane and the shelter ferrets.  She has taken in the BIGGEST sable I
have yet to see..this big boys daddy is going to Tibet for 5 months and
cant take his ferret, Liane offered to babysit for that length of time..I
tell you, that woman has the biggest softest heart.  This was my first
experience seeing what a depressed animal looks like, he just laid there
and looked around, Liane says he is eating some, but the look in his eye
says a million words..he is sad and misses his dad.  5 months is a long
time..I hope this beautiful boy adjusts, I cried and held him and told
him Liane will take good care of him!

The movers will be packing up my computer on Wednesday afternoon, so this
will be my last post till we get to Kentucky and all settled in.  wish us
long for the LONG HOT ride, I think I am more prepared for my fuzzies
comfort than I am mine!!

take care everyone
June Louis and the zoo