From:
Amy Plouffe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:42:42 -0500
Hello Everyone my name is Amy and I did have 4 ferrets up til this past
thursday.  On Wed. night as I was putting the ferts off to bed I found
mour youngest lying in urine and unable to use his back lags.  his eyes
were glazed over and he didn't seem there, he looked as though he was
stoned out of his gourd.  As it was after 10 pm and there are no vets
open that late i stayed up all night with him he was able to drink and
seemed very thirsty, he also was able to be hand feed if I held it up to
his mouth.He would lick my face as I was lying on the floor next to him
all night ,he was able to drag himself with his front legs during the
night to try and use the litter box ,but he was unable to get in it.  On
the morning of thursday July 3rd we rushed him to the vets, on exam the
vet found that he had a very significant heart murmur, extremely enlarged
spleen,and tumors on him pancreas,as well as several other significant
problems.The vet who was very feeret wise said that we could do a a very
expensive surgery but it would only prolong his life for 1 to maybe 3
months and that he would have very little improvement so needless to say
my husband, daughter and I cried hysterically and had to make the most
horrible decision we had ever had to make in our lives and that was to
have our beloved Buster put to sleep.I have never had to make this kind
of decicion before and I feel just horrible as if I was the one to kill
my little baby.  The 3 of us took turns holding him and crying until the
vet took him in the back to give him the leathal dose.

I feel like I am a complete wreak I can't eat,sleep or stop crying.
He was our first and I hate to admit it he was the big spoiled baby of
our family.We took him home in a little boz which my 10 yr old daughter
decorated with farewells and We love you's.We buried him out at my
husbands parents house the live on a large place on the lake.  I am also
going to buy one of those bueatiful hand make ferret angel head stones
that they hanp make and paint to look like your ferret and plan to go
out there and place it on his grave.I'm sorry for rambling but it has
been extremely hard for me, I feel awful for when I look at our 3 girls
Chaz,Tazzy and Wiley who are left all I ca do is cry and miss Buster so
very much.

Amy- fur Mom
Bryan- fur Dad
Breanna-Human kid
Chaz=fuzzbutt
Wiley=fuzzbutt
Tazzy=fuzzbutt

And last but certainly not least our beloved Buster 12-11-98 to 07-03-03
we will always love and miss you our little boy!!!!!

Amy Plouffe
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.