Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 10:23:03 EDT
My wife went to take care of the babies as I have been down for a week
because of a back problem, she came back up stairs crying because she
thought Oliver has crossed the bridge.

I went down stairs and she handed him to me and I felt a breath and
told he that no he was still with us but he looked like he would pass
at any moment. He was lethargic, he was not moving other than his eyes
were open, his breathing was very shallow and I felt his time had come
and not wanting him to suffer any I called two different local vets
(8 AM) to have him put to sleep. Nothing could be done until that
afternoon I was told and I thought to my self, how is this, all you do
is give an injection wait check for a heart beat and take him home to
bury

So I went back to bed and held him and talked to him and yes cried and
after awhile he raised up his head and took his back leg and scratched
his neck and started to move around. I carried him back to my wife and
told her that since we just lost our buddy of 19 years (Gizmo the dog)
that maybe we were going to be allowed to keep Oliver awhile longer.

No matter, he is now eating on his own (been hand feeding him gravy for
three weeks) he is up walking around with the other kids and is back
to his old self. A miracle? In my mind I believe it is but again, he
is here and seems to be doing well

So there is hope at times, I will never make a rash judgement again
about helping a baby cross the bridge

Patrick