From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:14:08 -0400
It is very sad that Jeff is standing up for his mother.  I can only hope
that he never saw the way she kept all of the ferrets.  I have 11 of them,
they will live out their lives with me here.  Several had very bad teeth &
had to be cleaned, one has gone to a few vets to find out what was wrong
with him.  At least 2 have Insulinoma, most had enlarged spleens, one has
Lymphoma & has cancer of the liver he is terminal.  One may be adrenal.
Everyone of them is so very sweet & all they want to do is play & cuddle.
They can't get enough cuddling.  It is like they just discovered it, never
having had it before.

Collector or whatever, there is no way a person can take care of over 250
ferrets.  Jen thanks those that helped her take care of them when she had
them?  Then shame on all of those people that saw these ferrets & did
nothing at all to improve their conditions.  No one that stood up for
them, no one to stop it.  It was bad enough when I thought that only one
person was in contact with the ferrets.

Know what Jen, these ferrets don't stink.  Their cage is kept clean.  It
is large & roomy enough for them, they have lots of blankets, sleep sacks
& hammocks & toys.  They are out of it at least 4 to 6 hours a day!  They
also get to go outside in a large pen, (weather permitting) with a big
sandbox where they can dig as much as they want to.  I cried when they
first went out & went crazy in the sandbox.  Had they ever felt the earth
before?  They all get the best food possible.  No, since they got away
from you they don't stink at all.

Enjoy your new truck, your new home.  The wonderful family & friends that
stuck by you through YOUR ordeal.  I for one am enjoying these kids & you
what?  I thank you for them.  They are a blessing & yes the vet bills are
already high & will keep climbing.  The time & money spent in taking care
of them as they age & have more medical problems will increase & if I have
to give up material things to be able to provide for them I will.  I will
never have a new truck or a new home & I don't care, I have the love of 11
of these fur kids, plus my other fur babies.  You will never get a kiss
that tickles, or a sweet sleepy yawn as you would have when you pick up a
sleeping fur kid, or a playful nip on the ankle that says chase me mom or
get a warm spot from a furry body snuggled up to you, from your truck.  I
have all of that & so much more.

And Jen, a truly wonderful ferret shelter mom had to put one of the kids
that came from you to sleep yesterday & she is still crying over him.
How many tears have you shed for any of them?  How many nights did you
stay up nursing any of them & then have to go through the next day with
only one or 2 hours sleep giving care & love to many more kids?  Have you
ever cried giving comfort to a ferret going through the terror of a
Insulinoma seizure?  Did you cry over the ones that were found dead in
your cages?

Lynn & Clan War Weasels