Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 10:33:42 -0400
Just wanted to say that the Florida show was great!  It was a joy to be
there, only wish they would do it twice a year (or more!), instead of once,
(how about it Debbie??)

After getting up at 4 am & traveling a few hours to get there, my Pet
Therapy ferrets, Houdini (Sable) got a third place ribbon.  He also got
a medallion for being the heaviest ferret in the games!  While Ichabod
(chocolate) got a 5th place ribbon, then went on to the shelter division &
placed 1st!  This from a ferret that was found a year ago wandering a
street & almost lost a leg due to a spider bite!  Of course I held the
trophy all the way home!

We got a lot of interest in our Rescue & people enjoyed seeing how gentle
Pet Therapy ferrets can be.  We even had someone offer to buy Ichabod
(before he got 1st place).  Of course he is not for sale!

It was great meeting people that I have talked to on the internet.  Also
swapping ferret stories was a trip, especially how to clean a ferret
(that's for you April!).

Thank you to the Legion of Superferrets, Florida for all the work put into
doing the show.  I know some nerves were on end making sure everything went
smooth, & it got off to a late start (not their fault...the vet was late!),
but it was a great show!

I'm starting getting ready for next year's show!

Jeanine Brawn
Ferret Rescue at Mutt Management