From:
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:52:08 -0400
Been a while huh?  i've been keeping myself busy following mom's
adventures in Scotland.  she's back at home now so i can take my
concentration off of her and let you know all the cool things that have
happened at the shelter!

In the last month we took in quite a few ferrets, too many to mention so
i'll just tell you about all the great adoptions.  Avalon got a great
home as well as Dawn, Tara, Xander, Opium & Poppy!  Dusty was adopted
out, but came back a week later.  mommie was real surprised when she
came home to find all the kids in good homes!

Woozelette and auntie Carla moved out.  i think Wooz was really missing
me cuz she stopped eating and almost died.  she's doing a lot better now
in her new home way out in the country.  she always was a country kinda
girl.

The shelter raised over $300 selling raffle tickets.  This will help the
shelter to do Loki's adrenal surgery.  Now for the sad stuff.....

Opie crossed the Bridge 2 weeks ago.  he was a very seriously abused boy.
his owner hit him a lot and did real mean things which i won't mention.
auntie Paige took Opie from his owner and provided him with a forever
home for the last 4 years.  He battled insulinoma for a little over 2
years but lost his battle.  he's doing great now and running and playing
with the rest of us up here.  he really misses auntie Paige, but knows
he'll see her again.

Grandma is in the hospital.  they aren't sure if she had a stroke or if
the cancer has gone to her brain.  she can't walk and her speech is very
slurred.  i'll be keeping my eye on her.  i'd really like to see her
again so i can bug her for treats like i used to, but i know my mommie
still needs her there so i'm gonna do everything i can to keep her well.

i have to run, i've got a party to throw tonight at the Tone pool.  i
always have parties when a new ferret comes over the Bridge to introduce
them to everyone else here!

love to all!!!! Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"