From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:43:46 -0700
Denver Dumb Friends League- is a "kill" shelter.  I am not sure of their
stats for the years 2000 or 2001, but in 1990, they had a poster up
claiming they killed 65,000 cats and dogs.

I used to work very closely with DDFL and the ferrets and they used to
surrender all their ferrets to me.  Gail Barlow, one of Bob Brodies top
people, came to me to adopt a couple of really sweet ferrets a few years
ago and she has learned allot from us.  Passing her info on to her staff.
Granted, they aren't great yet, given time, they will get better.  In
defense of DDFL, they have no choice but to euthanize that many animals.
They take the ones they know they can find homes for and deal with the
rest in a way that will never satisfy everyone, but is necessary.  They
run a very fine facility there.  It is clean and well staff and the
volunteers are well trained and better than most shelters.  They are also
well funded as they have been in business over 90 years.  They continue
to grow each years and do a great job with all their education programs
they have.  I personally congratulate them for the job they do.

Hugs,
Ferretguy