From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 16:32:46 EST
Re: Pooping in the tub
We have a tub pooper too.  Atlas, like yours, loves the tub.  (He loves
anything with water!) The only thing we can figure out is that he claiming
the tub as his.

Re: She got me
I'm glad Ginger found a good and loving home.  We "adopted" two from a pet
store who were becoming quite "unsellable".  They had dropped the price so
much on the two that it was essentially "buy one get one free".  Even though
we've had our share of biting/nipping problems with them, we haven't
regetted it.  Especially since I doubt many ferret newbies would have
tolerated the biting and tried to work through the problem with the animal.
Nor would many folks have tried to keep the two, who were littermates,
together.  The rapture and joy Atlas and 'Jinx expressed during the first
exploration of their room and being out of a cage for the first time (which
you saw with Ginger) was enough to make all the bites and nips worthwhile.

Re: Ferrets become fire truck mascots
Dick- I'm glad your wife and fuzzies are doing well.  Hmmm......albino's or
BEW's with black spots...would that be a ferremation or a dalret?  ;) One
thing for sure, keep them ferts away from fire hydrants.  They just might
get it into their heads that they need to "help" the firemen out!

Re: What ferrets teach us
Roberto- you did a fine job expressing your thoughts in english.  I agree
with you 100% that we can learn alot from our ferret friends.  You need only
see my signature below to see that I do agree with you!

Re: Ferret People
<A list of distinguishing characteristics of ferret owners>
OH MY GOD! THAT'S US!! (Well, except the hairball medicine thing.)
don't forget:
16. We have a droopy-eyed look since our ferrets wake us up at weird
    hours because they want to play/get cuddled/get ferrettone/we're
    taking up too much room in their bed.

-kim, squirt (King of the Cuddlers), Pippi (Sock chewer and rug digger
 extraordinaire), Atlas (the strong, sensitive type), and Hijinx (my
 very fuzzy little girl)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.