From:
polecatsister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:36:55 -0800
I know there are quite a few people going to Vegas for the Symposium who
have never been there before.  I have tried to answer as many questions
privately as I could, but just in case, I want to go over "how to get to
the hotel" again!

The airport in Vegas is clearly marked with signs pointing to shuttles and
Taxi's.  These areas are located near the baggage claim area.  After you
pick up your luggage you can go out doors to the right or to the left.
One is shuttles, the other is Taxi's.

Please be aware that there is no one shuttles that goes directly to the
Imperial Palace.  The shuttle you get on may stop at several hotels before
finally getting to yours!  The Imperial Palace is located mid-strip.  Cost
of the shuttle is about five bucks, but you can buy a round-trip ticket
and save a couple bucks.  Then all you have to do is call for the shuttle
when it's time to go back to the airport!

A taxi will take you directly to the Imperial Palace-It's a much faster
way to get to the hotel, but it will cost between $10 and $15.00-depends
on traffic.  If there are three or four of you in the group....the taxi
is the better way to go!

There should be no problems getting rides to the hotel on Wed and
Thursday, but you will NEED to allow extra time to get back to the
airport both on Sunday afternoon/evening and Monday morning.  You will
have to stand in line to wait for a Taxi.....there are 30 big hotels out
there....all with people needing a cab!  ALLOW TIME!!

The shuttles are supposed to run every half hour-but the reality is-they
get there when they get there!  If you buy the round-trip ticket, they
will have you call to arrange pick-up the day before you are due to
leave-they will tell you how much time you need!

If anyone has any questions, look me up and I'll help however I can!

Viva Las Vegas!!

Judy Cooke