From:
Carol-Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 1995 21:12:41 -0600
Remember HodgePodge, who wanted to be a fireman?  Well, he's decided on a
career change.  He's going to kill cows, now.

The "cow": a really ugly oven mitt I got as a gift and gave to Hodge, it
looks like a cow's head, w/ floppy ears, and the space between the thumb
and mitten part is the inside of a cow mouth, complete w/ teeth. Yuck.
The encounter: He grabbed it by the ear, wrestled it into submission, and
dragged it under the bed.  About 30 seconds later, he was spotted running
across the bedroom floor w/ the killed cow, heading toward the bathroom.
About 30 seconds later, he was spotted running BACK across the floor toward
the bed.  Then back to the bathroom.  Then back to the bed.  Etc., still
while carting this ugly oven mitt around.

So, the CA Fish & Game, or whoever that was who said that herds of ferrets
can kill a cow, were wrong:  it only takes ONE ferret!  :)

To Debbie: No, actually, I don't think you were overreacting to the "Full
House" episode.  I've always felt that the General Public, whose I.Q. seems
to be about 70 (no flames, please, I'm just disillusioned w/ the General
Public), seems to believe everything they see on T.V.  Kind of the "well, I
read it so it must be true" mentality.  Television is a powerful medium,
and writers and producers should be more responsible for the material they
feed to their viewers.  There should be more of an emphasis on correct
information.  After all, this world is a fascinating enough place, w/o
having to create the mysterious and elusive "North American White-Footed
Ferret".

A toy question:  My other ferret, Portnoy, has a deep passion for the curly
phone-cord.  He grabs it, stretches it as far as possible, and hisses like
a maniac b/c he can't TAKE it.  My question is, if I go to the hardware
store and buy him a phone cord, would that be a harmful/dangerous toy for
him?  (He also has a passion for thin rubber tubes, but those are *right
out*, as Monty Python would say)

Ferretone and nail-clipping: Well, I always knew about the trick, but
hadn't tried it until last night, when the fuzzies were being overly
squirmy.  About 5-6 drops to the "bellybutton" area, and they were happy
and still.  I got all the claws trimmed!  This trick really works like a
treat!

Take care!
        Carol-Anne, HodgePodge and Portnoy