From:
Ted Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 17:33:21 -0400
Hi all,

I don't know if its ok to post this, but I'm sure BIG will return it and
scold me if I've overstepped the mark.

In any case, here goes:

My local SPCA (where I got my gorgeous Orville and Rajah) has had a fat dude
turned in.  So far no-one has claimed him.  They have no history on him,
someone found him wandering in the street :( He isn't neuterered.  He's
bigger than Orville & Rajah put together, so I'll guess that he weighs about
4+ pounds.  He's sweet.  They have a sign on his cage to watch out because
he bites, but he didn't bite me when I was holding him - he was very curious
about Orville & Rajah's smells though (and they his).  I kept them in their
carrier and when they scratched at it, he jumped away nervously - I don't
know if that might indicate that he's not been around other ferrets much.

Colour - well, I barely know the colours of my own two...this boy has dark
brown/black feet and a yellowish undertone to his coat, which has (?) black
guard hairs.  He has only a small mask which gives his face this funny
little expression.  His fur is still pretty thick and luxurious - Orville
and Rajah's are already changing into their summer coats.

I'm afraid that my husband has said two is enough, besides which we are
moving later in the year and are possibly looking at astronomical quarantine
costs for two which would become even worse if a third was added.

The shelter is in New Brunswick, Canada.  They usually ask about $80 or $90
(canadian) for ferrets and spay/neuter them before they leave.  If anyone is
interested, please let me know and I can pass on more details.  Most of the
staff at the shelter like ferrets and he isn't in any danger of being
euthanized yet, but I thought I'd just pass on his availability in case it
helps him.

Thanks for listening,
Tanya,
Orville & Rajah (why do mummy's clothes smell all weird.  it was that
furry yellow thing that poked its nose in our carrier wasn't it?????)