From:
Dianne Rohowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:58:57 +0800
I need to correct a misunderstanding which appears to exist regarding
our Western Australian Ferret Society Rescue Service.  It has come to
my attention that some wonderful ferret owners in the States have the
impression that we are in need of donations from overseas and, although
donations would always be welcomed - which shelter/rescue service would
ever knock back money - it is necessary that I post again on how our
Rescue Service in Western Australia actually works.

We are extremely fortunate here in that our Ferret Rescue Service is not
in debt.  Our Rescue runs via a phone service which has us contactable 24
hours a day 7 days a week all year round and, thanks to a very generous
club member base, we have, so far at least, been able to fund any medical
requirements through our Ferret Medic-Aid bank account.  We are all
perfectly happy to foot the cost of feeding rescue ferrets for the time
they are in our care and, when we find a home within our Society member
base for the foundlings -a home in which we can be sure they will be
looked after properly & spoiled rotten, they go to their new homes free
of any charges to the new owners.  As I said before, we are extremely
lucky to be able to have a Rescue Service which runs in this way.

Please do not think we would be ungrateful to receive your donations,
but, if, after feeding & caring for your own fuzzies, you have any cash
left to spare, we ask that you direct these funds to one of the very
many deserving ferret shelters in your own area which would be very
appreciative of the extra money.

I have been a reader of the FML for many years and usually only post
direct to the person posting - if I feel I have something positive to
offer.  I will continue to share in your individual joys and sadness.
Being owned currently by 41 ferrets and eight 8 week old kits it is not
too big a stretch to be able to identify personally with many of the
stories told and problems encountered by ferret owners the world over.

Should anyone wish to visit our Ferret Society website the address is
<www.waffs.org.au>

Many thanks and best wishes to all.

Dianne Rohowicz
President