From:
misty /dara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:24:03 PST
there has been alot of badmouthing of certain petshops..  and because this
is america we each have the right to voice our own opinion..  and because
of this..  i get to state mine.

I have gotten all three of my ferrets from Petco..  my first..  Rent..  was
actually returned by a family that had bought him from Petco..

they RETURNED him because he was classified as a biter..  and that he
wanted out of his cage all the time..  etc..

Now for the one's that state that the petshops does not want to "take back"
live merchandise..  that right there disproves that myth..  for i know for
a fact that Petco (in Bremerton) does take back live merchandise..

my second ferret was also perchased at Petco..  and have had no problems
with him either..  btw..  the first one was NOT a biter.. but yes.. likes
to be out of his cage..  which i have no problem with.

now the third ferret..  was sort of a rescue..  not so much from Petco..but
because of the caring of the Petco staff

we got an email on the NWFA..  stating that there was a kit in Lynnwood
Petco..  this person had been contacted by the MANAGER..  and was asked if
he knew of anyone that would take this ferret..  it had been diagnosed as
having a heart condition..  and though there was nothing else to be done
with him..  medically..  she (THE MANAGER) did not want to euthanize him..
she (THE MANAGER) wanted him to go to a "Loving and caring home"..  this
from a STORE MANAGER..  (ones that have been classified as cruel and
uncaring in some posts)..

it seems that a STORE EMPLOYEE had nursed this kit night and day since it
started declining in it's health..  even though it was on the brink of
death..  the EMPLOYEES and MANAGER of this store did all that they could
in order to make sure this kit survived.

now..  forgive me if i don't bad mouth Petco..  for all i've seen from them
is caring..  and concern..  and positive things..

yes..  there have been some young kits..  but i know the bremerton Petco..
we received paperwork when we purchased our two that stated the date of
birth for the group of kits that came in..

Petco could not sale the kit with the heart condition..  and instead of
euthanizing it..  they gave it to us..  after we were deemed to be the best
family for him..  he weighed about 400 grams when we got him..  and he's
over a pound now..  he's grown in length..  and his coat is starting to
come in very lush..  and he's becoming a beautiful ferret..

when we picked him up the EMPLOYEES literally cried because they had all
cared bout him..  and he's just a doll..  i understand why they do.

so just remember..  when you speak of Petco..  you cannot clump all of the
company under the bad things that have been said bout a few.

Misty and Mike

Rent
Kris
Que
ALL THE BOYS FROM THAT GREAT STORE PETCO!!!!
and the sarah.. the cat