From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:20:42 -0800
I've been enjoying the company of Thor for quite some time now.  I'll
never forget the day he arrived at the Rainbow Bridge.  A gorgeous
chocolate point came dancing across the bridge out of the warm glow at
the end of the bridge.  Relieved of illness and whole again, he rolled
in the heather near by and snuffled through the rice beds before he even
approached me.  I was laughing.  He was so funny!  I asked him if he was
this funny on earth.  But he said he didn't know because was too busy
being a good buddy to his daddy Steve.  He left a trail of tears behind
him as he came towards us.  He told us that those were Angel and Steves
tears.  And he turned and licked them all up.

I told him that it would be okay.  Soon Steve, Renar, and Angel will
realize that Thor will not go anywhere and will always be part them as
well as everything else in the world.  He's left quite a bit of paw
prints on their hearts.  Maybe if Steve stops to notice a tickle or two
on his cheek or foot he'll remember Thor and smile.

But meanwhile, the time spent waiting for the embrace of loved ones once
again passes by in an instant up here.  This is because so much time is
spent running in the grass, digging in mounds of dirt trying to locate
toads, stealing treasures, and just being ferrety in general.  This week
we spent some time watching the dust storms on Mars.  We've been having
quite a view from up here.  Thor says it reminds him of the chaos he'd
leave behind in his wake on earth.  Sometimes I see wisps in the clouds
that remind me of the chaos he leaves behind here!  For the rest of time,
Thor will be checking in on loved ones and reminding himself how very
much they miss and love him, running tube races, and eating all the
treats he wants.