From:
Laurie Christ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:00:23 EDT
Sometime last year about this time, someone made a post about seeing a
European Polecat  at the St. Louis Zoo. They were worried because they were
kept outside and they looked like regular ferrets. I tried to see them last
fall but the childrens zoo was closed for remodeling. Well today I finally
made it back there and they are regular ferrets.  The sign said "European
Polecats also known as ferrets." One was a sable and the other two were
either albinos or black eyed whites.  They were sleeping so I really
couldn't tell.  Also they were outside.  The childrens zoo also had a mink
but it was keep inside.  Go figure.

Laurie Christ