From:
Steve Godun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:34:42 -0500
I'm hoping that someone in this area is in the market for a ferret...

There's a pet store near where I live in Jersey City, NJ that sells
ferrets.  Right now (Sunday evening, 3/24) they have four of them --
three kits (two sable, one sorta light cinnamon) and one LARGE adult male.
The owner of the store says he's about seven months old; I'd put him
closer to nine or ten months.  The cage they're all in is rather small,
about 2'x3'x3' or thereabouts, with a hanging water bottle, hanging play
tube, and a water bowl on a bed of pine shavings.  No litter pan, but the
cage looked pretty clean and the ferrets looked pretty happy, all things
considered.

The large ferret desperately needs a home.  I remember when he first came
into the pet store in a group of three with a female sable and a female
albino.  I occasionally stop in there for ferret treats and to play with
the ferrets as they come in, and it breaks my heart to see this one guy
never picked out and given a home.  Right now the odds are still pretty
low, especially considering his size (he's EASILY twice the size of my
largest ferret) and the fact that there's three little kits in the cage
with him.

I asked the store owner for a price and he said he'd sell the ferret for
$100.  So if anyone would like to buy him please do so ASAP.  He's pretty
big, as I said (though all of my ferrets are female), and he's sable in
color but kind of "dusty" if that makes any sense.  (Lighter sable, not
dark or even chocolate.) He seems to have a very good temperament; he nips
a little but doesn't bite hard, and seems perfectly content with other
ferrets.

The store is called "Village Tropical" and they're located at 193 Newark
Avenue (right on the intersection of Newark Avenue and Jersey Avenue) in
Jersey City, NJ.  Phone number is 201-333-1535 and they're open seven days
a week.  The ferrets are all the way in the back, past all of the fish
tanks.

Please help this guy find a loving home!