From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 10:11:44 -0600
My suggestion is to take the bed off the frame or legs.  They may pull the
fabric away from the mattress though.  Another idea would be to take 4
boards, hinge them together, and make a wooden "skirt" for the bed so they
can't get under them.  Another solution would be to get a futon!  (has no
springs and I just love mine!) Perhaps wrapping aluminum screening around
the lower part of the bed and stapling it to the box spring, but then you
have to make a 1X2 frame to keep the ferrets from lifting/going under the
parts that are not being held down between the legs of the bed.

****EUREKA!!!****
How about just stapling the screening to the underside of the bed!!!!  Right
over the fabric that's already there!  Just don't forget the edges are sharp
and you may want to cover them with some padding/fabric when stapling them
onto the bed.

Anyhow, hope that helps everyone out.
====
Calgary, Alberta, Canada