From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:59:10 -0400
>The stories, and yes, Sukie's Long winded messages (WINK WINK).  That
>woman has a wealth of knowledge at her finger tips.  If you ever, ever
>have a question, email her directly.  You will get an immediate answer!

No, please, DON'T unless it is a real emergency and the vet has already
been tried and can't help.

For the last 2 months (3 months?) I have not only been doing my work but
a good portion of the work that a dear friend used to do.  He is ill and
I am covering for him just as he would for me.  As a result I have very
little time for anything private.  My schedule is totally hosed.  I am
trying really hard to not allow it to negatively impact on my family,
which also deserves and needs a lot of time.  There is going to be an
extended time when I really will prefer to not get all the extra stuff.
Maybe a single silly picture or funny story on and off, but no questions
that anyone could answer or which have answers that are readily found on
searching, but not all sorts of questions, or chain letters, or tear
jerkers... There have been times in recent weeks when I have had to delay
personal notes by DAYS till things slowed down.  The reason your ferret's
chest problem got rapid help finding resources to help you and your vet
was because it was so life and death, Marguerite.

i find that (usually) if I am long winded I don't have to give further
details later which takes even more time.

-- Sukie (not a vet, and not speaking for any of the below in my
private posts)
Recommended health resources to help ferrets and the people who love
them:
Ferret Health List
FHL Archives
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
AFIP Ferret Pathology
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html
Miamiferrets
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/
International Ferret Congress Critical References
http://www.ferretcongress.org