From:
Pat Onkst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:49:49 EST
Hi All..I'm new to FML and want to say how much I appreciate all of you
for being so much help to me.  I also would like to share the story of
Chrissy Eve.

Our ferret club received a call from a lady on Christmas Eve 2001 that
said a *little creature* was trying to crawl through her doggie door she
then called her friend and described what the *little creature* looked
like.  Her friend said she had just described what he thought might be
a ferret and then gave her the number the Circle City Ferret Club in
Indianapolis.  That's where Cindy and I come in.  We called this lady who
was having a BIG Christmas dinner and she said come on over...so we did.
We were led upstairs to a big dog carrier and the lady said *it's in
there* lol.  They gave me a flashlight and I looked inside the carrier
but all I seen was a tissue box.  Then...very slowly this tiny little
face peeked out from behind the tissue box and Cindy and I started
laughing and said " Yep..it's a ferret".  This *creature* turned out to
be a stinky little female kit !  The lady's dinner guest come upstairs
to see what was going on so Cindy and I took the moment to do a ferret
education talk.  These were very kind and patient people and did not mind
one bit that we crashed their dinner party.  I took the kit with me to my
home and had every intention of adopting her out ...but..my she stole my
heart the moment I seen her.  She (along with 15 other fuzzy's) have
adopted me and I can't imagine my life without them.

Thank you for listening !!

pat