From:
Angela M Preimesberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 17:07:22 PST
The reason I suggested vineager is because "I" tried it as a last resort
kind of thing.  I was basically desperate.  Gumbi was determined on going
potty right behind our front door and not in the litter box near it.  One
day after having about enough I desperately dashed around looking for
something "smelly".  Since my front door leads into the kitchen, well
vineager was the first thing I picked.  Being raised with tons of animals, I
know its used in house training puppies and decided to see if it would work
for ferrets.  Worked pretty good too!

Rubbing alcohol - It's the ingredient in Bitter Apple that my ferrets hate.
Using Bitter Apple as a repellent can be pretty expensive.  We use alcohol
in a spray bottle to spray on the couch or in a corner the ferrets seem
interested in.  Works like a charm for a couple of hours at least.
Eventually they get the hint that it's Mommy's corner.  : )

Angela