Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 09:18:44 -0400
Stevie Wonder was an older ferret that was found wandering the streets of
Lee County.  After taking him into our shelter, we quickly realized that
he needed a lot of one on one time.  He was very scared & very blind.  So
the search was on for the perfect home!

We fattened him up & loved on him as much as possible.  We where excited
when we located Lynn through a post on this wonderful FML.  After much
emailing & a phone call, a date was set for her to come meet with us & pick
him up.  Sad to say, a couple of days before Lynn's arrival, Stevie decided
not to eat on his own.  Saturday morning the vet helped him cross the
rainbow bridge.  He had several fast growing tumors.  Before Lynn could
even meet him, he was gone.  He is with Skeeter, dancing, dooking & looking
all over!

Lynn, bless her heart, still made the several hours long journey & brought
the shelter lots of gifts & hugs.  She made a sad day a lot better & our
shelter has a new friend!

This is when you realize how hard it is to be a rescue/shelter.  Even
though they are sometimes only with you a few days (sometimes only hours!)
before they join Skeeter, we have to remember that we did everything that
we could for them.  It's really hard to pick up a ferret at the animal
control & take it straight to the vet...knowing that it will have to go to
Skeeter...that there is no hope & that it has been sitting in that cage for
a while because they "had to hold it for so many days" before they could
release it!  Saying goodbye is hard...even to a ferret that you just
rescued.

Thank you to Lynn & all the ferret lovers who are there for all of us!!!

Jeanine Brawn of the
Ferret Rescue at Mutt Management
www.bigfoot.com/~muttmanagement