From:
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:56:29 EDT
I have been meaning to post but each time things come up, my computer
crashed and I borrowed the money to get it up and running again.  My
phone was shut off.  Ferrets needing surgery, well checks, we lost Flower
our 6 mth old unspayed girl from Cali, so much going on and just not
enough time.  I wanted to comment on so many things being discussed on
the FML, like ADV, swearing, petstores, Petco, but never got around to it.

All these little things seemed so important to me, some are still, but
then the worst happen.  A murder of a friend.  A friend and co worker ,
Keri, was to move in with me , help with the shelter, she really needed
a good place to live.  she was to move in on Aug. 1st.  I really liked
her, many people didn't , she was outspoken, and she stood her ground
when she knew she was right.  Keri didn't have any ferrets as she knew
she was in no place to properly care for one.  she loved them though, and
was always educating people in the store on them and promoting proper
care.  she brought everyone over to the adoption center to see the
ferrets and always hoped that one would get a wonderful home.

Keri lived with her brother, a deadbeat, a bum, but she loved him and
didn't want to just bail out on him.  Her kindness killed her.  Keri
was found murdered, her naked body thrown in a dumpster outside her
apartment.  Not even identified by her family for 2 days.  Her brother is
wanted for murder, I know he killed her, he didn't want to lose his meal
ticket, she stood up for herself and was moving out.  I talked to the
detectives, he is still out there, I'm a bit uneasy.  He knows me, he
knows where I live.  He is dangerous.  i hope they catch him soon, I
missed on days work, and my life needs to get back to as much as normal
as it ever was.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, but don't be so harsh on each other,
don't sweat the little things, life is to short.  The people at work that
treated Keri badly, just because they didn't like her are really feeling
bad now.

i know Keri is safe now, and I hope she's up there playing with the
animals as she loved them all.  I tried to help her, to rescue her froma
bad situation, its what I do best.  i just didn't make her move soon
enough, she didn't want to abandon her brother.

I'll be back soon giving my unwanted opnions and updates on the shelter,
and some very late thank yous!!!  Just need to get it all together again.

Take care,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter