From:
Tara Menne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:06:53 -0500
I wanted to post an update on my little Samantha.  I posted a couple months
ago, freaking out because I thought she was developing adrenal.  Then I
switched email addresses and lost my address book.  (Thank you to Lynn Mc.,
Jackie H., Sue D., and everyone else for their support!)

GOOD NEWS - we went to see a new vet (Dr.Bock in Boulder, CO) who took a
good look at her tail, did some skin scrapings and talked with me about
symptoms.  He doesn't think she's adrenal!!!  YES!  He said he didn't see
any atrophy of the folicles, and thought they may be hyper-producing
sebacous oils.

The pattern of her hair loss, while slow, very, very slow, is adrenal.  But
she's not showing any other symptoms.  So we are using benzoyl
peroxide/novlasan shampoo and an immuoplex/collodial/zinc diet supplement.
Since starting the supplement, she's been bouncy.  She is not a normally
bouncy girl!  She walked me around the house 3 times the other night - very
exicted to be outside.  It was the exact opposite of the fear filled mailbox
story (which just cracked me up!).

The moral of the story - even if you are 99% sure it's adrenal, a trip to
the vet is always worth it.  You may be that other 1%!

Fuzzie sidenote: she's started sleeping in my bed - it's quite a climb up -
so I come home to a little white ferret head sticking out of the flannel
sheets.  It's so cute it'd make you sick!

Thanks again to all of you for being there!

Tara
& Samantha "Eat this?  Wash my tail?  Lady, you've lost it!"