From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:45:51 -0500
With tears in my eyes I send out a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the
santas and others who sent gifts to the giving tree fuzzies and
shelters.

And one more request, Please, if you can, take Millie up on her offer
of beds and pick a shelter to send them too. And why not toss in a
little extra cash for her shelter too!

Oh, and if you can, maybe consider adopting a fuzzy from your local
shelter and giving them the best Christmas present of all.

The Japan ferrets are starting to relax a bit more. Still quite
skittish when they walk into a room and I talk to them but they are
coming to me more for attention. It makes me giggle to see them dart
under a cage or into a tube, then they have to come see what I'm
giggling about which gets a quick tickle to their back sides. They have
free roam around the house and I work 6 full days a week so it takes
them by surprise when they don't know I'm home. Zeke is a big silver
boy that craves attention. He's content to be snuggled in my arms and
carried around the house. The three big albino boys, Kaal, Baal, and
Chester like to sleep with the groups in the basement but they wander
up at recipe time to eat their fill of the yummy recipe with real
turkey broth added. Sophie the albino girl is cuddly. Kali is a pretty
chunky cinnamon blaze that likes cuddles too. Scoot is a short coated
petite sable girl, one of the nippiest of the girls, and most skittish.
Nbones work to coax her out of hiding. Gnome and Serin are fluffy sable
girls, both a bit on the nippy side but also quite playful. Flick is a
faded silver, long and lean, nippy, and very agile. I've found him on
top of cages along with Gem who is a dark silver with the same
attitude.

It's interesting to see how they react to things. My regular group
waits patiently when I hand out treats because they know they will get
theirs in time, and I often see two sharing 1/2 a Nbone together. The
new kids snatch the treats from others and run off with them, then
squeal if someone tries to share with them. And one treat isn't enough,
they come back for as many as I'll hand out. In time they'll learn
there is plenty to go around and hopefully to share. Athena, the dog,
will steal Nbones from the ferrets too and the first time she tried to
take one from one of the new kids she got squealed at. She backed up,
sat down, and turned her head from side to side. She couldn't quite
figure out why the new kid wouldn't let her 'steal' the Nbone. She does
like running up and down the hallway gently chasing the new kids. Our
others don't play with her much anymore, except for Amber who jumps on
Athena then lays down on her back and they both mouth at each other.
Athena's learned that when the fuzzies are rambunctious and playing
together to stay up and away or she becomes part of the game to her
dismay. :-) Serena lays on her pillow atop a short cage by the window
and watches it all in stride.

Warm holiday hugs to all. tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org