Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 11:34:25 -0700
This involves litterpan behavior. Stop eating NOW!

OK, I've read the stuff about wagging tails and we have two ferrets
who will do it on occaision. Richard will wag his tail for no darn
reason at all that we can tell. It stands straight out and swishes from
side to side like a windshield wiper. Looks very mechanical and does
not appear to be connected with play or anything else. It just happens.
He is 5 1/2.

Weasel, who is 6, started wagging his tail when he is taking dumpies in
the litter pan. Seriously.

He will stretch out, raise the tail and point it forwards. Very normal.
However, twice I've caught him "wagging" it backwards and forwards while
"squeezling" with a BM. It moves back and forth and will drum against
the wall on the back stroke. This is how I noticed it: What the heck is
THAT noise??

Anyhow, I'm wondering if this is a one-off or what? Anyone else ever see
this?

TJ