From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 09:37:15 -0800
Hi Robin,

My ferrets have their own medium sized bedroom that has a 6'x 6' skylight
and no other windows.  Its main drawback is that the ferrets can't see
what's going on in the rest of the house.  They really like to be included
in whatever is going on.  So whenever I'm home, I almost always let them
out to "help."

One thing I like about this room that a closet might not have, is a good
source of natural light and some fresh air (it doesn't get too cold here in
the San Francisco Bay Area even though I don't directly heat my house).  I
don't know if it's coincidence, but all my guys except the one who had
surgery this autumn have really thick, silky winter coats.

If I didn't have this room, I'd probably just keep their big two story cage
in the corner of the living room.

I also wouldn't keep ferrets in a non-walkin closet.  I think it would be
too dark, small, and boring for them.  Maybe the person who suggested not
keeping them in a closet thought that's what you had instead of a walk in.

Dennis