From:
"Cinda B. Beach" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 22:08:46 -0500
I'm new to the ferret list, and though my husband has been on once, I'm here
to introduce us.  We are Paul and Cinda, but more importantly our fuzzies
are Fingers, a twoish, excruciatingly beautiful silver-mitt female, and our
soon to be adopted out Thrasher, a studly sable male.

Sadly, our Thrasher came to us after having been dumped in the cold shortly
before the snow storm.  Lucily I am a stray magnet and inherited him.  We
got him his shots and a good home is coming soon.  The person that found him
kept him locked in a small box for four days while attempting to locate his
owners(nice guy, but ignorant and fearful of ferrets), and even after that,
he had absolutely NO odor!  Not until he he began his rough and tumble
relationship with my female, that is.  Is it a sex-musk thing?  We don't
know if he's been descented or fixed.

Anyway, I am here to relate my first of many health questions (boy do I have
stories!!).  My Fingers has always weighed in around 1.5 lbs., but at her
recent vet visit she was only 1.3.  She sleeps a lot but seems healthy,
frisky when awake, though a little dehydrated.  The really strange thing
about her recently is that she has been peeing on the floor and then turning
around to lap it off the floor!  She has never done this before.  She just
got over a little diarrhea(sp?) and strange poops, but seems fine now.  Any
comments?  My vet seems unconcerned, but also isn't too familiar with
ferrets.  I would do or spend anything to help my little Angel Face if she's
sick!

(sorry so long)
Worried Mommy