From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:11:38 -0700
Judy

I have been reading some of the letters sent to the USDA in support of
the proposal to adopt regulations which would protect ferrets.  There
are some great letters there!!  Really great ones!!

But...so far, only 93 people have written in.  I have to wonder why that
figure is so low!  These are some regulations that will provide some real
protection regarding the sale of baby ferrets.  I can't imagine why so
few people have written in!!

So...I am wondering if maybe there are people out there who don't
completely understand what these regulations are and how they will help.
I know Alexandra offered to help people write letters, but maybe people
don't understand why it's so important to get those letters in!

If anyone has any questions about this effort, please e-mail me
privately and I will try to answer your questions and help you feel
more comfortable about writing your letter!!

Judy Cooke
Co-Director IFC