From:
willy-joos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:48:46 +0200
in answer to
>From:    Dawn Gloeckler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret allergies

My ferret allergy is the worst seen by all dutch docters.

I m allergic for 3 years now and in the 1 st year i ve been that sick
that i had a fever for over a half a year, still swallowing lots o
antihistamine and using ointments made of prednisone like stuff. I
had meds to keep me calm ( i thought i would go crazy without them)
and i slept for more than 18 hrs a day , But still refused to place my
ferrets somewhere else. I thought: let the docter use me as a guinea
pig for all ferret allergy victims sake.

I took care for my ferrets wearing gloves and a cap in front of my face.

I went to the biggest allergy treatment centrum in the Netherlands to
get a good look by a professional wise docter, and she said:
We can give SLIT therapy ( sub lingual immunotherapy) to people who are
allergic to bees or so. But you give yourself a natural treat of "slit"
by still handling your ferrets.

Your body has a slight contact with the stuff you re react allergic to
( ferrets) and by goin on doin that, your body gets accustomed to that
and will react on a better more subtile way. Keep on goin with your
ferrets and you ll be free of severe allergy in some years.

So i keep on suffering and using my meds, But now it s goin better
already.
Here are some pics of me when i had severe skin damage.
The damage wasn t the most terrible thing, but the itch!!!! Terrible!!

With some meds my lungs react a normal way again and my nose doesn t
drip anymore.
Here are some pics
my swollen fingers with blisters that got infected all the time:

<http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b54/stiph136/?action=view&current=vingersallergiecloseu.jpg>

<http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b54/stiph136/?action=view&current=vingersallergie.jpg>

My fave swollen and with a fever. It shines because of the ointment
on it.
<http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b54/stiph136/?action=view&current=Joosallergie.jpg>

And here is how i look without allergy:
<http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b54/stiph136/?action=view&current=Joosgewoon.jpg>

Still my ferrets are doin well and i am a happy person WITH ferrets

If you need more information, please go ahead and ask!
Grr, Joos from the Netherlands

http://unitedmamasforferrets.ondersteunt.nl/
http://unitedmamasforferrets.adviseert.nl/