From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:25:30 -0400
I am the very last one on a power circuit here on my dead end road in
a subdivision but the next two people down from me are the last on a
different circuit.

Tonight we had a rip snorting T-Storm come by and we lost power.  I
got the puter shut down ok, everything else was already dead.  Then
I went to the back room to look out into the woods and
"""WHHHAAAAAMMMMMM"""!!!!!!!!!!

The neighbors house got hit by a big bolt and I had the effects of it
where I stood.  It raised all the hair on my body and head and then hit.
The house was ok but a big tree is totally wiped out.

The end of these circuits will set up a radion if they are not grounded
well, mine is recently done and is down to 4 OHMs but the next circuit
may need to be done.

This all upset RePete.  He usually ignores about everything but he came
to me and would not leave me alone.  He could see I was upset when that
big bolt hit about 80 feet from where we were standing and he must have
had the same radiation on him.  Of course the blast got his attention for
sure.  Guess he had no idea what struck and was suitably afraid.  THis is
the ferret 'language' speaking to me, RePete was coming to me for help
and protection so I picked him up and dipped him in boiling tar.  Oh,
no..  ha... I held him in my arms for a bit and after he kissed me a few
times he seemed to get the idea all was ok so I set him down but he would
not leave me.  Good little guy he is.  Glad to have him.  But ferrets do
not make good lightning grounds.  Have proved it today.

Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
7302 Hunterbrook Drive, Suite 100
Mechanicsville, Va. 23111