From:
Mellisa Eberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 23:11:10 -0600
I think my heart is shattered.  My husband and I took in Chatters shortly
before Christmas 2003.  He was 8.5 years old according to an extensive
vet record when we received him.  He had adrenal disease and insulinoma.
We were honored to witness his first slumber in a hammock - he had been
kept in a guinea pig cage with shavings for years.  We laughed at his
first "dook."  He LOVED to just snuggle up in one of our laps.  Rather
than stash treasures, he stashed our hearts.

Chatters was never the typical ferret.  He always wanted to be around
people.  He always welcomed everyone with a freckled nose and many ferret
kisses.  Nobody c ould ever visit our house and NOT hold Chatters.  Lap
ferret.  A year was just to o short of a time.  He could never be held
enough.  He truly was one of a kind.  Chatters would play for a while
with our other 3 ferrets, then snuggle up to us to fall asleep.  He also
passed away in his sleep.

I know this is an odd request, Chatters really liked people more than
any toy or treat.  A very dear friend passed away a couple of weeks ago,
unexpected.  Chatters doesn't have anyone waiting on him at the bridge.
Could you maybe give Chatters a special pass and a pair of wings?  I
know Chris would love to keep Chatter s close until the rest of us arrive
there.

Mellisa & Rob Eberle (Cid, Hope and Boo)