From:
"D.Desrochers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 02:19:13 -0400
>From: Renee Downs
>
>Many of you will remember that last year I had about 20 ferrets from
>the MSPCA to place after the DMK rescue in Ohio. One pair, Isadora and
>Duncan were a champagne jill (motherly sort) and albino hob who slept
>a lot. I soon discovered he was deaf and that he was willing to play
>if someone woke him up. Isadora was quite protective of him.
>
>After several homes fell through, Diana D. agreed to add them to her
>business. Well, one day I "kidnapped" them. It started as a joke, but
>she allowed me to keep them in my room and ...

Renee ...

You are most welcome! But, I still miss them!

Yes folks ... Guard your ferrets WELL when Renee is around, LOL.

Duncan was such a sad little man who had a rough start to life and I
think my guys knew it .. even my Alpha male, Bear, was protective of
him. Shocked the crap out of me the first time he crawled into the
cubby that Duncan was sleeping in and no fight insued, he just layed
across him as if to say "You are safe now" and stayed there while he
slept, all under the watchful eye of Issy of course, LOL. She soon
learned that none of mine were going to harm him and she relaxed
a little.

And folks, let me tell you ....after Renee "kidnapped" them, you better
believe I did a MUCH better head count every day when I came home from
work ... especially since she had her eye on a couple more that we had
rescued together, LOL. She wasn't able to kidnap" Billy and Pea Pod
too :-)

I can not begin to tell you how hard it was for me to let them go with
you, and they still have hold of a piece of my heart. But, I think
Duncan and Issy were always meant to be yours, especially after the
accident. I "knew" from the way you wrote and the way you talked, that
I wasn't going to get them back. You "needed" them more as much as
they needed" you.

I am so happy to hear that they are both doing so well, it puts a smile
on my heart. They both deserve the best that life can give them, just
wish I could have shared it. Guess this just means that there will be
a couple more out there that will need "me" some day :-)

What's a couple more when Dad thinks I have 20 ... ROTFLMAO!!

Big Hugs to you Renee and give Duncan, Issy, Odie and Skitch lots of
kisses from their Aunty Dianna!!

Stay safe, miss you!

Dianna